Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Sunday Social, Week 3

Pin It


Sunday Social



What is your all-time favorite song?
 I can't choose just one. It depends on my mood. Fake Plastic Trees by Radiohead, Black by Pearl Jam, Norwegian Wood by the Beatles (actually all of the album Rubber Soul), A Living Prayer by Alison Krauss and Union Station (she has the most lovely voice ever), Fields of Gold by Sting

Edited to add: I can't believe I forgot I Believe by Stevie Wonder!
What is your favorite singer/band? Another one that is really hard to decide. I guess if I could only listen to one band for the rest of my life, it would have to be The Beatles. They have a huge catalog of music and they experimented with different sounds.
What is your theme song/song that best describes your life? Geez, the hardest question ever! Maybe Turn the World Around, seen below, because I'm an earth girl and always try to focus on our interconnectedness, feeling sure that the world would be so much better if we all saw those connections.
What songs put you in a good mood? The Luckiest by Ben Folds, Never Forget You by the Noisettes, Island in the Sun by Weezer, Turn the World Around by Harry Belafonte (and my daughter loves to sing and dance around to this one with me, especially when we listen to the version with the Muppets).

What is your favorite roadtrip music? Weezer, old 80's Madonna, anything we can sing along with.
What song are you embarrassed to admit you love? Mable by Goldfinger. It just brings me back to those carefree college and post college years when my friends and I would decide in a moment that we were taking a road trip.

Now, I think I'm going to listen to some music; first on the list is Turn the World Around, since my daughter just saw the video clip on the computer and insisted that we need to watch it now. That was a difficult list to answer, but fun to think about.

Have a great rest of your Sunday!
~Alexis