Wednesday, February 17, 2016

The Nightingale inspired

Pin It




The Nightingale, by Kristin Hannah is a gorgeous book, an absolutely lovely story. What inspired this manicure though, is the very pretty book cover. In most of my book inspired manicures, I try not to just have nail art that looks like the cover of the book, but in this case I couldn't resist. 




The Nightingale is the story of two very different sisters surviving the Nazi occupation of France. It rated 4.5 out of 5 stars for me. After I finished reading it in January, I thought about this book for a couple of days and for me, it comes down to this, that I really liked the book. There were definitely some points that didn't quite work, but the story and characters overall, engaged me, made me feel for them, and ultimately reminded me of the goodness we need to put out into the world not just for our closest circle of family and friends, but for the benefit of our community, and ultimately the world at large.


About the Manicure:  2 coats China Glaze Sunday Funday with a sponged gradient using China Glaze Well Trained. BM-419, 607, 617.