Saturday, March 21, 2015

Novels and Nails

Pin It
Just a handful of the books on my reading list

I have been debating how I should go about writing my first blog post in over a year. I could come up with some big explanation, but there really isn't one. So instead, let's just start over and I'll pretend it hasn't been forever. . . 



Hi there! So, I wanted to let you know that I am changing the direction of Mangling my Manicure. While I truly love sharing my favorite new polishes with you and telling you the details of my manicures, if I'm completely honest with you and myself, there are a ton of bloggers out there who do a much better job than me while reviewing polishes and nail art supplies.

I love seeing and wearing beautiful manicures and have loved it since my early teens, but books, BOOKS are my most constant passion. So, let's combine them! I'm participating in the 2015 Pop Sugar Reading Challenge. If I complete the challenge, I'll read 52 books this year! Considering that most years I only read around a dozen books, this is a huge challenge. I am enjoying the challenge so far though.

Anyway, what I want to do here is show you manicures that are inspired by the books I read through the year and give a brief review or recommendation of some of the books. I only plan to review a book and post about a manicure once a month, but we'll see if I decide to do more. I am a little behind schedule, since it is March, so I'll show manicures inspired by books I finished in January and February very shortly. January should be posted later today.

I hope you like this change and I hope to be able to help you find good books throughout the year. Is anyone else participating in a reading challenge this year? Where do you find inspiration for your manicures?