Sunday, January 27, 2013

Polish Stunt Double: NOT Girly Bits Eggnogoholic

Pin It

 You've heard of nail polish dupes, but that's not what this is. A polish stunt double is a polish that has some prominent features in common with a loved or lusted after nail polish, but on even the most basic examination, the two won't be confused. Think of it as really wanting a strawberry milkshake, but getting a strawberry smoothie instead. It is still good, will satisfy your craving for something fruity and creamy for a while, but you will eventually want to get your hands on that strawberry milkshake. Allow me to show you a polish that I really want and how I am curbing my craving for that nail polish.



Girly Bits Eggnogoholic is a gorgeous, creamy polish with flashes of gold glitters spread throughout the polish. It is still available for purchase on Girly Bits Big Cartel. I want Eggnogoholic so bad, but I have been on a bit of a nail polish bender lately and have to force myself not to buy it . . . at least for the moment, so that is why I am showing you Eggnogoholic's stunt double.


For this manicure, I started with two medium coats of Illamasqua Load. I think that I figured out the trick to applying this slightly streaky polish:  use a very light touch to paint it on and don't try to do super thin layers. I then added a thinner layer of Wet n Wild Glamorous. It needs a little bit more time to dry.

I wanted to create a jelly sandwich look, so I added another layer of Load, a little thinner this time. Finally I added one more thin coat of Glamorous and a fast drying topcoat.

I like this manicure a lot, better than Load by itself. As far as comparing it with Eggnogoholic, my polish stunt double is a bit more opaque, more yellow toned, and a little less glitter packed. The small glitter in Glamorous is circle shaped and smaller than the small square glitter in Eggnogoholic too.







So, what do you think of the real thing, Girly Bits Eggnogoholic? What about this stunt double? Would it curb your craving or just leave you craving the real thing even more? Do you have any good polish stunt doubles?

Until next time, take care.
~Alexis