Friday, May 25, 2012

Julep Kelly in the garden

Pin It
Hi again, lovelies. I had an interview on Monday, so I wanted a subtle, classy manicure. I wore Julep Kelly. It is a very pretty pale pink polish. Application was a bit difficult. It seemed to thicken up as I was applying, so one nail would turn out fine, but by the time I got to the next nail, the polish was a bit gloppy. I would close and gently mix the polish to fix the texture problem, but as you can see, I must not have mixed as gently as I thought because this resulted in a very bubbly manicure. The bubbling was not really noticeable until two days into the manicure when I did some work in the vegetable garden. Then the bubbling looked like brown dots, yuck. To get a fairly even finish, I had to paint three layers.

After four days, the manicure was really beat up. Planting and weeding take a toll on my manicures even when I wear gardening gloves. Even though it is hard on my nails, I love spending this time of year outside playing in the dirt.





My little girl and I had so much fun and she did a great job cleaning up the weeds from the walkway between my garden beds and getting rid of slugs. I was called in for a second interview on Thursday and my peonies are blooming too, so overall it was a beautiful week. Looking at this picture, I can almost smell the flowers! I'll go out and gather a small bouquet today.

Before I go, any followers other than GFC followers, if you are interested in a giveaway that I'll post about this weekend, let me know that you follow the blog and how you follow. This is your last chance to let me know.

Does anyone else have Julep Kelly? What do you think of it? Any tips for great polish application?

Thanks for reading. Have a great weekend!
~Alexis