Sunday, May 13, 2012

One Lucky Momma: Lex Cosmetics

Pin It

Happy Mother's Day! I hope all the wonderful mothers out there are feeling as special as I do today. Last night, I drastically modified the brioche recipe from "Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day" to create a Belgian waffle recipe. My husband cooked them up today and oh, my, it is great. I felt like I was back on the streets of Brussels while eating them, perfectly caramelized sugar, buttery, bready goodness. They didn't need toppings of any sort; they were so good.

My husband and daughter also gave me these three nail polish beauties from Lex Cosmetics. Jessica at Nail Polish Anonymous posted about Lex Cosmetics Tuilleries earlier this month and it was love at first sight . . . I mean c'mon, it's like the nail polish was named for me! From left to right, you see Cayman Cabana, Lucky in Love (which I'm wearing on my toes and it applied like a dream), and Tuilleries.

Must go now. We are going to an amusement park for the first time this season today and I must get ready for our day of family fun.

Have a great day!
~Alexis