Thursday, May 10, 2012

China Glaze Optical Illusion

Pin It
indoors

outside

Hello, lovelies! Welcome to my sparkly, shimmery, glittery post. Allow me to introduce you to Optical Illusion from the China Glaze Prismatics collection. This is a very sweet blue green holographic polish packed with hot pink, orange, yellow, green, silver, and baby blue metallic glitter. Once applied, it looked like a blue-green foil basecoat topped with tons of multicolored glitter. I own several glitter polishes, but none of them are anything like this.

Application of Optical Illusion was unbelievably smooth and even. I topped the polish with one coat of Gelous and one coat of fast drying topcoat. When I use this polish again, I will top with two coats of Gelous for a more glass-like finish.



Optical Illusion stayed on my nails much better than I thought it would. I did have to repaint one small chip two days into the manicure, but more severe chipping only took place after four to five days wear. On the plus side, the polish patched really smoothly. The patched area looked just as smooth and even as the rest of the nail polish.
The Nail Files

Check out week 19 of the Nail Files. Do you have a great manicure or polish to show off? Then join the Nail Files link up too!

What do you think of the Prismatics collection? Any favorites?

Next week I'll show you a green ombre gradient manicure with some stamped art. Have a good weekend.
~Alexis