Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Love Manicure with Revlon Hot for Chocolate

Pin It

Two days in a row with posts. Crazy for me, I know. I want to get my last couple of Valentine's Day manicures in before Friday. We'll see how that goes.


After seeing this beautiful manicure by Anutka of Wacky Laki, I knew I wanted to do a black or brown Valentine's manicure with a holographic polish. Revlon Hot for Chocolate was the perfect base for the manicure. It is a dark chocolate brown creme polish that applies with great coverage after two coats.

I stamped polka dots over the brown polish using Jade Seducao Rosa and plate M79 from bornprettystore. The polish did not cover as well as I hoped, so I used a dotting tool and more Seducao Rosa to create little holographic hearts. Finally I stamped the bows (M56 from borprettystore) on the tips of my nails using Revlon Gold Coin.


This was a quick midweek mani, that wasn't one of my very best, but I do love the colors together and I really enjoyed how it was in the spirit of Valentine's Day without being overly sweet looking.

What do you think of Revlon Hot for Chocolate? Have any of you had success with using holographic polishes for stamping? Please tell me about it.

Have a great evening!
~Alexis