Saturday, September 21, 2013

31 Day Challenge: Inspired by a Color

Pin It


Yes, some nails are missing polish, but they were polished earlier today. I ran my very first half marathon today and it was POURING rain. My peel off basecoat just gave up and pieces of my polish apparently ended up littered near the Niagara River. My husband said yesterday's mani looked like water, so I ran by the river with watery nails.


So this is my very blue, somewhat mangled manicure. I dotted my water marble from yesterday with Cult Nails Faded, Julep Amy, China Glaze Fancy Pants and Turned Up Turquoise, and a-england Saint George. I then added a couple of blue rhinestones in different shades of blue.

On to the race, right after the Boston marathon I returned to running. I knew that I wasn't in any shape to prepare for a full marathon, so I trained for this half marathon. During my run today, I thought of all those people out doing what they loved and tried to enjoy it even though I was soaked through.

I was so excited last night that I barely slept, so I took a nap when o got home and took an amazing bubble bath, popped some Advil for my aching knee and enjoyed a couple of celebratory beers.

What kind of Saturday did you have? What colors inspire your manicures?



Take a look at the other manicures for today's challenge.
~Alexis