Monday, July 2, 2012

4th of July Nail styles

Pin It These were a couple of very quick Independence Day manicures I tried out over the past week. Forgive them for being kind of sloppy. They were done very quickly to see what I liked the best.



Quick Fireworks Nails:  I painted all my nails with the darkest blue I own, Revlon Midnight Affair and topped it with a quick-drying topcoat. Once it was completely dry, I used a dotting tool (a toothpick would work too) a gold polish and silver polish, Revlon Gold Coin and Silver Dollar and created spots reminescent of fireworks sparks flying. I then dotted some of the silver with a red glitter polish, China Glaze Ruby Pumps. The whole manicure was topped with a fast-drying topcoat.



Red, White, & Blue Star Cut-out Nails:  For this manicure, I painted each of my nails a different color, Revlon Silver Dollar, Sinful Colors Ruby, Ruby, Revlon Royal, and I did a water marble using all those colors on my ring finger. I then topped all the nails except the water marbled nail with Julep America. I topped my nails with a quick-drying topcoat. Once it was completely dry, I added foil stars to my nails and painted 2 coats of Revlon Midnight Affair over the top. I had to use a toothpick to make sure the star stickers were completely stuck on all the corners before painting each coat. Unfortunately I was impatient and peeled off the star stickers early, but you can see what I was going for. I topped the whole manicure with another coat of fast-drying topcoat.



Stamped American Flag manicure:  I painted all my nails except my pinky with 2 coats of Sinful Colors Ruby, Ruby and then added a coat of China Glaze Ruby Pumps to my ring finger. I painted my pinky with 2 coats of Revlon Midnight Affair. Once that was dry, I used a stamping plate with stripes and and polka dots to create my stars and stripes using Revlon Silver Dollar. This manicure was inspired by a couple of the pretty manicures on the Nouveau Cheap Independence Day manicure roundup.



 Old Glory Tie Dye Nails:  You can see instructions to create this kind of manicure here.

So, what will you sport on your nails for Independence Day? Do you have great plans for the holiday?

Take care.
~Alexis