Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Mobtown inspired

Pin It
I read Mobtown, by Jack Kelly last month. It was"a book set in my hometown," Rochester, NY. 




Motown is a private detective novel that takes place in 1950's Rochester. It is summer and there has been a rash of arson cases in a poor neighborhood. Ike Van Savage has to figure out who is responsible and he is also trying to protect a mobster's wife from being murdered. 

Unfortunately, it wasn't terribly interesting. There was minimal character development, but it wasn't awful. If I could have been more invested in the characters, this might have been a much more enjoyable book.  The cover of the book looked cool and I liked reading about characters going to places in my hometown.


About the manicure:  2 coats China Glaze White on White with sunset gradient using Bic Mark-It markers and the "beach Sun spray" method. Stamped using Pueen 78 followed by BM-414.