Friday, October 12, 2012

Autumn nails for fall foliage: Purr-fect Plum

Pin It
My family went for a bit of nature and to see the changing leaves at Knox Farm State Park. I decided to wear one of the great polishes for the China Glaze On Safari collection that I won a while back.

Purr-fect Plum is a gorgeous deep purple creme polish. It looks almost exactly the color of red maple leaves. I love dark polishes like this. Since I was wearing the polish for fall foliage, I decided to stamp leaf pattern french tips. I used Kalahari Kiss, also from On Safari; it was a great stamping polish, perfectly opaque and not patchy at all. While I don't think that Kalahari Kiss is a color that I would use for a manicure on its own, it was great as an accent and I think it would make a beautiful backdrop to some other nail art. Maybe inspiration will hit and I can show you that at some point.

This picture, as you can see, shows some tip wear and a little bit of chipping. Sorry, I don't have a day 1 picture, but I was thrilled with how well the polish held up after 9 days. Nine days!!


Now, as I mentioned, we went to the park last weekend to see the changing leaves, but this weekend will be even better. Normally, October 15 is the best time to see beautiful foliage around here, but it seems like it is raining that weekend every single year and by the week after, most leaves have fallen of the tree. So, here is the week early foliage. It's still pretty though, huh?

I hope that you are enjoying fall too. Are you sad to be done with the neons and other brights of summer or do you welcome the warm colors of fall?

Until next time, take care and polish well.
~Alexis