Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Henna on my hair

Pin It
before henna

after henna
before henna
after henna
One of my favorite tricks for happy hair is to use henna a couple of times a year. With straightened hair, you can see the auburn highlights from henna and the difference in shine. It also helps the tips of my hair to look healthier. The "before henna" pictures were immediately after a haircut, but the "after henna" pictures were about a month and a half after the haircut. Normally my hair would show tip damage by then.


before henna

after henna
after henna




before henna







My curls   look so much smoother, less frizzy once my hair had henna. They also have a subtle, red flash in bright sunlight.  I have some grey/white hairs that hang out in the back of my head, hiding beneath layers of thick, dark hair. Those grey/white strands turn a coppery red with henna. Once I start getting more obvious greys in the front of my head, I think the henna will look even better . . . kind of weird to be excited about going grey.

There is tons of information on Henna for Hair. I actually just put on a regular plastic shower cap (not the saran wrapped head) and wear a cloth lined shower cap on top once the henna is in place. I then wash it out after several hours. It makes for a lazy Saturday afternoon of lounging around in my bathrobe drinking tea.


~Alexis